Bittersweet is happy to provide our employees with a shift meal at no cost. Shift meals can be eaten during breaks or before or after a shift if you are working less than 8 hours. In between you are welcome to a snack on a breakfast bread. Free shift meals are a privilege unique to Bittersweet and in order to keep the privilege, we ask that you keep in mind the following:
- You must be clocked out while eating your shift meal
- Shift meals or snacks may not be taken to go
- Your shift meal and snack is non transferable
- Shift meals may not be eaten in the cafe. You are welcome to dine in the cafe with your employee discount. You may not wear your Bittersweet t-shirt while dining in the cafe.
- Shift meals do include an individual dessert which may be chosen from the case but please be considerate of the kitchen when choosing what to eat. Items that are brand new or hard to keep in stock are not appropriate for shift meals or snacks. We will often put a new dessert or menu item out for everyone to try. This is your opportunity to taste the item so you can better describe it to your customers. When choosing a snack, meal or dessert, please choose an item that is plentiful and always in stock
- At the end of the day there may be items left over that we cannot hold overnight. At a manager’s discretion, these items will be placed on the boxing table and are up for grabs
- Helping yourself to any other items at the end of the day or the end of your shift is stealing and will not be tolerated. If we find evidence of theft we will take disciplinary action